Justices of the Peace in Kentucky
- The bride and groom must apply for the license together.
- Special requirements pertain if either person is under age 18.
- There is no waiting period or blood test.
- The marriage license is valid for 30 days.
- The marriage license is valid anywhere in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Both must present an acceptable form of ID, such as a drivers's license, government issued picture ID, original birth certificate, passport, or social security card.
- There is a $35.50 fee for the license.
Civil officiants include:
- justices of the peace
- justices and judges of the Court of Justice;
- retired justices and judges of the Court of Justice, except those removed for cause or convicted of a felony
- county judge/executives