Books for the bride, books for the groom, books that will help you plan the best wedding ever!
1. The Best Wedding Reception Ever! by Peter Merry
2. Do It for Less Weddings: How to Create Your Dream Wedding Without Breaking the Bank by Denise Vivaldo
3. The Bride's Year Ahead - Revised and Expanded Second Edition by Marguerite Smolen and Claudia Copquin
4. The Handcrafted Wedding: 340 Fun and Imaginative Handmade Ways to Personalize Your Wedding Day by Emma Arendoski
5. 1001 Wedding Ideas: The Ultimate Resource for Creating a Wedding No One Will Ever Forget by Tricia Spencer
6. The Gay Couple's Guide to Wedding Planning: Everything Gay Men Need to Know to Create a Fun, Romantic, and Memorable Ceremony by David Toussaint
7. The Groom's Guide: A Gentleman's Indispensable Wedding Planner by Marguerite Smolen
8. Vows and Toasts: Hundreds of Ways to Say I Do and Here's To You! Photography by Carol Ross
9. Your Wedding Ceremony - Your Way by Maureen A. Davis
10. Wedding Day Wisdom by Ginger Thulander
In this groundbreaking book, nationally known wedding entertainer Peter Merry shines some light on the subject of how to create fun and entertaining wedding receptions.
- Offers detailed information on finding the right vendors for reception entertainment.
- Explains how to map out an agenda with perfect pacing and guest involvement.
- Explores ideas for creating memorable moments that can be personalized to fit individual styles and sensibilities.
How do you plan an unforgettable wedding on a tight budget? Do-It-For-Less! Weddings provides all the information brides- and grooms-to-be need to know to plan their special day and enjoy the event they have always wished for.
The Bride's Year Ahead - Revised and Expanded Second Edition - by Marguerite Smolen and Claudia Copquin - $24
The Bride’s Year Ahead offers an innovative and intrinsically useful approach to wedding planning. Unlike other wedding planners that are arranged by subject, this book is organized in a progressive, month-by-month fashion that begins one year before the event. The revised and expanded second edition promises to be as indispensable as the original edition with a multitude of new and updated tools to systematically organize and plan the wedding of your dreams on time and within budget.
The Handcrafted Wedding: 340 Fun and Imaginative Handmade Ways to Personalize Your Wedding Day by Emma Arendoski - $22
Bursting with creativity and fun, The Handcrafted Wedding is an idea book: a volume of more than 340 concepts, ideas, options, styles and projects to take your wedding day from mundane to magnificent. The details are the heart of a wedding: the invitation, the colors, the gown, the site — all present an opportunity to personalize your most important day and to make it your own.
In The Handcrafted Wedding, you’ll discover how to bring together all the wonderfully romantic details of your story — how and where you met, your hobbies and interests, your future together, and more. It’s a magical opportunity to express yourselves as a committed couple and to present your story in all the details: from the stationery and paper, to the vows recited, and the ceremony backdrop, to the reception, and the food that’s served.
1001 Wedding Ideas: The Ultimate Resource for Creating a Wedding No One Will Ever Forget by Tricia Spencer - $19
This encyclopedic reference volume will be the “always by my side” guide as you both prepare for the most fun and memorable day of your lives. No matter what kind of budget you have, you’ll find novel ideas, brilliant strategies, and useful solutions in this complete, well organized, and ultimately inspiring book.
This practical guide offers advice on:
- How to deal with relatives who may not be accepting
- What grooms need to know about grooming
- How to search for gay-friendly vendors
- What to know about hiring a band or DJ (or drag queen)
- How to register for gifts
- If you need to throw two bachelor parties or one
- If it's still okay to throw the bouquet
This book is for every man who wants his wedding -- and the months of planning leading up to it -- to be a class act. More than just a "how-to" book, The Groom's Guide is interspersed with anecdotes and personal stories from the male perspective and delivered straight from the source: married and about-to-be-married men. It's civilized, humorous, and forthright from cover to cover. Running the gamut from surprising to poignant and entertaining, the tone of the book will appeal to men and allow them to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
A comprehensive selection of wedding vows from denominations of many different faiths and cultures as well as ceremonies and rituals that can be included in any wedding ceremony, regardless of a couple’s faith or background. Information on second-time marriage vows, renewal vows, and detailed material for those wishing to write their own wedding vows. The toast section offers tools and information for the person who wants to pull the right words and thoughts together to honor the couple on their special day.
Your Wedding Ceremony - Your Way by Maureen A. Davis - $8
Not only the words for your wedding, but ideas for the entire ceremony as well as guidance on putting it all together. It's both an idea book for the bridal couple and a resource for the wedding officiant.
Wedding Day Wisdom by Ginger Thulander - $8
A lighthearted look at wedding planning as well as all the things that can go wrong and often do. All the anecdotes end with a moral and Words of Wisdom.