Justice of the Peace: Henry  Rotzal

Henry Rotzal

Oxford, CT

Justice of the Peace, Notary, Minister, Celebrant

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

I am a Justice of the Peace in the beautiful Naugatuck Valley area of the State of Connecticut.   If you are planning your marriage ceremony, same sex marriage ceremony or renewal of vows, I will partner with you to create a ceremony that reflects your Vision and Style.

Together, we will fashion your ceremony for you alone — incorporating your unique story as well as your cultural, your spiritual and your family heritage.   I will make available to you a variety of ceremony suggestions, samples of wedding vows and can also supply you with checklists and planning guides.

Whether you are planning a formal service or a casual gathering, I can help make your wedding the most memorable and meaningful event of your life.   If you are planning your wedding at an upscale venue or in someone’s a backyard,  or at a state park or even on a boat, it doesn’t matter.   I will be happy to be there for you.   Every couple’s unique style, makes performing their wedding ceremony very exciting for me.

Please note that if privacy and/or confidentiality is a concern, that is never an issue.  I am always respectful of the wishes of the couples I am marrying.  After all, your happiness is my Number One Priority!



Is a Marriage License required to get married in the State of Connecticut?

Yes, a Marriage License is required for all couples, including same sex couples, getting married in the State of Connecticut.

Where do we apply for our Marriage License?

The Marriage License must be obtained from the Town in which you are getting married.

How much does a Marriage License cost?

The fee for a Marriage License in Connecticut is typically $30.00.

How long is a Marriage License valid?

Your Marriage License is good for 65 calendar days.

What do we need to bring with us when applying for a Marriage License?

You must have a picture Id with your current address, your social security card (or you must know your Social Security Number), the City or Town where the Ceremony will take place, the date of the Ceremony, the name of the officiant.  You must both swear that the information you have given is true.

Do we both have to be present when applying for our Marriage License?

No,  you do not have to be there at the same time but you must both sign the Marriage License and take an oath in the presence of the Town Clerk or Assistant Town Clerk.  You may go in individually.  Plan on spending approximately 20 minutes at the Town Clerk’s office.

What do we do with the Marriage License once we receive it from the Town Clerk?

You must bring the valid Marriage License to the Wedding Ceremony along with photo Id. so that it can be completed by the Justice of the Peace.

Is a blood test required?

No.  Effective October 1, 2003, the State of Connecticut repealed the mandatory blood test.

Who is responsible for returning the Marriage License?

Once the Ceremony has been performed, the Justice of the Peace will complete the Marriage License and the Justice of the Peace will return it to the Town Clerk to have it registered.

Can I get a copy of the Marriage License?

Yes, you may obtain a certified copy of your Marriage License from the Town Clerk for a fee of $20.00 per copy.

Do we need witnesses to the Wedding?

No.  Witnesses are not required for a legal wedding in the State of Connecticut.  My signature on the Marriage License is all that is required to legalize your marriage.

NOTE:  Check with your City or Town Clerk’s office for their hours.  You may want to call ahead to make sure an appointment is not required.

How to contact Justice Henry

Please use the provided contact form below. If you contact this officiant directly, please let them know you found them on findaJP.com!

Send an email to Justice Henry

To: [email protected]

Contact JP

If it’s known already.

If it’s known already.

No Testimonials Added Yet.