Justices of the Peace in Connecticut

Choose a Connecticut Justice of the Peace for Your Wedding or Ceremony!

  • Our JPs will assist you in creating the wedding of your dreams.
  • Our JPs are professional, reliable and honorable. They subscribe to a Code of Ethics which puts the couple first.
  • Most JPs are willing to travel to your wedding venue.
  • A Connecticut Justice of the Peace may perform a marriage anywhere in the state.  JPs from other states are not recognized in Connecticut. Nor does the state offer ordinary citizens authorization to perform a specific ceremony. What’s a couple to do? Find a Connecticut JP! You’ve come to the right place.

Marriage License
A Marriage License must be obtained in the town where the marriage will take place. The couple must both appear at the Town Clerk’s office to apply for the license and present photo IDs. The license is valid for 65 days after the date of application. The fee is $50.
Related Links:

  • After you’ve found your officiant on findaJP, Visit CT Tourism for destination wedding ideas.
  • Visit our JPs by State section to learn more About Connecticut JPs

Are you a Connecticut Justice of the Peace?

  • Get a listing on findaJP and more. Learn more about the benefits of a JPus membership here.