Justices of the Peace in New Hampshire

Choose a New Hampshire Justice of the Peace for Your Wedding or Ceremony!

Our JPs will assist you in creating the wedding of your dreams

Marriage License

  • Licenses may be applied for at any New Hampshire town or city clerk’s office and is valid in any New Hampshire city or town.
  • The application must be completed in person and signed by both parties.
  • Licenses are $50.00, payable in cash only.
  • A photo ID to prove your identity, such as a driver’s license or passport, is required.
  • The license is valid for 90 days from the date of application.  There is no waiting period.
  • If either party was previously married,  the certified document that ended the marriage or civil union, such as a divorce decree, annulment paper, dissolution or death certificate, must be submitted.


A certified copy of the marriage certificate may be purchased for $15.00 for the first copy and $10.00 for subsequent copies issued at the same time following the filing of the license by the marriage officiant.

Related Links:

Are you a New Hampshire Justice of the Peace?