Justices of the Peace in Massachusetts

Choose a Massachusetts Justice of the Peace for Your Wedding or Ceremony!

  • Our JPs will assist you in creating the wedding of your dreams.
  • Our JPs are professional, reliable and honorable. They subscribe to a Code of Ethics which puts the couple first.
  • A Massachusetts Justice of the Peace can perform a marriage anywhere in the state. To find your JP, start with a city, town or region.
  • Most JPs are willing to travel to your wedding venue.
  • Fees. For a simple civil ceremony, a Justice of the Peace may charge a maximum fee of $100 to solemnize a marriage within the Justice’s home community or $150 if the ceremony is performed in any other municipality in the Commonwealth. Additional fees may be charged for prenuptial counseling, rehearsals, custom ceremonies and other special requests by the couple.

A MA Justice of the Peace may also…

  • take acknowledgments in the same manner as a notary public
  • administer certain oaths of office
  • take depositions by administering written interrogatories

Marriage License
Marriage Licenses are issued from any Massachusetts city or town hall or contact Citizen Information Service (617) 727-7030,  [email protected]