Justices of the Peace in Maine
Choose a Maine Notary for Your Wedding or Ceremony!
In Maine, civil wedding officiants are notaries, or notary publics.
- Notaries listed on findaJP.com will assist you in creating the wedding of your dreams.
- Our notaries are professional, reliable and honorable. They subscribe to a Code of Ethics which puts the couple first.
- A Maine notary may perform a marriage anywhere in the state. Most will travel to your wedding venue.
Two people may be married only if they have obtained the proper license from a municipal office in Maine.
- The license is valid for 90 days, and must be presented to the officiant at the time of the ceremony.
- Two witnesses are required at the marriage ceremony. Their printed names must be on the marriage license, and both must sign the license.
- There is no waiting period and blood tests are not required.
Are you a Maine Notary?
- Get a listing on findaJP and more. Learn more about the benefits of a JPus membership here.
Justices of the Peace in Downeast and Acadia, ME