Does the JP need to be local?
My fiance and I live in one part of the state, but we're getting married in another. Does the JP need to be from the town where we are getting married?

Justices of the Peace (and notaries in Maine and Florida) receive their commission from the state where they live. This means that they may perform ceremonies anywhere in that state. Just ask them if they are willing to travel to your location.