Bennington and Windham Counties comprise beautiful Southern Vermont. Rolling hills and sparkling lakes capture our imagination. Whether along the Harriman Reservoir (aka Lake Whitningham) or at one of the 14 mountains in the area, the area is attractive year round for destination weddings. Deerfield Valley along the Hudson River borders the west, and southern New Hampshire to the east. Nestled in this area are charming quintessential New England towns. Southern Vermont’s lovely venues are perfect for small intimate affairs or large galas where all your friends and family can participate.
Unsure what is the right venue for you? Let your JP know what you are looking for, and he or she will likely have suggestions.
Find a Wedding Officiant in Southern Vermont
Some Favorite Venues
- What better place for a picture-perfect wedding than a New England barn – the Old Gray Barn at Barrow’s House. Tucked in the town of Dorset, near Manchester, it is accessed conveniently from all directions.
- Mount Snow, located in West Dover, is a year-round destination for weddings. For the more adventurous, a winter ceremony on the slopes is an option. The mountainside and chairlifts are open during all seasons, and weddings
- Bennington’s Hubbell Homestead in Colgate Park is a family-run venue with historical importance dating to 1768. Its impressive views of the Green Mountains are awe inspiring.
- State parks offer lovely options for all budgets. For instance, Shaftsbury State Park’s pavillion is available to rent for a small fee between Memorial Day and early October.
- Waterfalls, hiking trails and mountaintops located in the Green Mountain National Forest embody natural beauty for unusual and memorable ceremonies.
- Learn more about Vermont wedding laws and to search for a Vermont Justice of the Peace throughout the state here.
- Not getting married in Vermont? Find your perfect wedding officiant in other states using our search tool.
- Visit our JPs by State section to learn more about Vermont JPs