All members of the Justice of the Peace Association agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics
The Justice of the Peace Association is a professional membership organization of JPs and other marriage ofﬁciants.
We provide information, education, networking and advocacy to support JPs in the performance of their duties, in addition to connecting JPs with Couples who Click on findaJP.com.
If you are a marriage officiant you may join the Justice of the Peace Association by clicking here.
As a member of the Justice of the Peace Association LLC, www.JPus.org, having accepted the state authorized responsibility to officiate marriage ceremonies, I will faithfully discharge my duties with both competence and integrity.
I resolve that I will adhere to the following standards of conduct:
- To execute the statutes of the State in which I am empowered, as promised when I took the oath of office
- To perform all tasks and responsibilities to the best of my ability
- To complete and submit all documentation accurately, on time and to the proper authorities
- To be honest with my clients and to act in their best interests
- To charge a fee for my services that reflects my expertise, effort, time and involvement in the preparation and performance of my duties and that is in compliance with state statute, if applicable
- To treat people of all backgrounds and identities fairly and with respect.
- To always act in a manner that reflects favorably on myself, my office, and the Justice of the Peace Association
Acts of discrimination by omission or commission toward any individual or group based on their actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability constitute a violation of the Code of Ethics.
Revised July 3, 2020
Members of the Justice of the Peace Association LLC are the only officiants featured on FindaJP.com. FindaJP.com’s goal is to make it easy for couples to find the perfect Justice of the Peace to perform their marriage or vow renewal ceremony — or perform any of the other functions that JPs in their state are authorized to do. FndaJP.com gives JPs the space to share their qualifications, philosophy and experience so that couples seeking a marriage officiant will have enough information to confidently select JPs who best meet the couple’s criteria to be their perfect JP. Couples can connect with our JP members by searching www.findaJP.com.
- Enforcement of the Acceptable Use Policy and violations to the Code of Ethics
- The process used to update the Code of Ethics
- The prior Code of Ethics, in effect from 2001-July 2, 2020
- Issues that JPus actively fights for on our Advocacy page
If you are a marriage officiant who will abide by our Code of Ethics, you may join the Justice of the Peace Association