About New Hampshire JPs

JPs By State » About New Hampshire JPs

Looking for a New Hampshire wedding officiant?

  • Visit findaJP.com to learn more about NH wedding laws and to search for a New Hampshire Justice of the Peace.

Are you a New Hampshire JP?

New Hampshire Justices of the Peace

JPs in New Hampshire are appointment by the Governor and Executive Council for a five year term. The application fee is $75.

In addition to performing marriage ceremonies, Justices of the Peace have other authority. They can take acknowledgements, oaths and affirmations, Jurats, depositions, copy certifications, witness or attest signatures and protests. Furthermore, a JP must comply with requirements. For instance, when signing an acknowledgment or jurat, certain information must be noted on the document or instrument. Specifically, they shall type, print, or stamp their name and state, the expiration date of his or her commission. JPus sells customized stamps for officiants here.

Non-residents entitled to perform marriages in their own states may apply to do so in New Hampshire.

JPus Advocacy Efforts in New Hampshire

Related Links

<< Go Back To JP by State History