Updated August 25, 2021
As we face the constantly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation together, our JPus family wants to assure you that we continue to be your resource and advocate. Our goal is to provide wedding officiant-related support and information to help you navigate these uncertain times.
We are wedding (not public health or infectious disease) experts. As such, our efforts focus on supporting marriage officiants in this realm. Many people are, understandably, fearful and anxious. Our hope is that by providing information to help you plan, you’ll feel more in control. And therefore, you’ll be able to make the best decisions for you and move forward. We will continue to update this page with current information, so please check back often.
With more people getting vaccinated, communities are beginning to open up. And with the Delta variant on the rise, smaller, outdor gatherings are still safer.
- Announcement: Coronavirus Update #6, May 7, 2021
- Announcement: Coronavirus Update #5, November 12, 2020
- Announcement: Coronavirus Update #4, October 13, 2020
- Announcement: Coronavirus Update #3, May 4, 2020
- Announcement: Coronavirus Update #2, April 1, 2020
- Announcement: Coronavirus Update #1, March 17, 2020
Resources for Officiants
- Get certified: COVID-19 Best Practices for Marriage Officiants training available now
- 8 Things to do During a COVID Marriage – Essential wedding? Stay safe by following these steps
- Almost time for the delayed celebrations to happen. Round 2 ceremony ideas.
- State-specific guidance on social gathering – what is allowed, and what is not (updated 5/7/2021)
- State-by-state information about what to do when the Town or City Clerk offices are closed (updated 5/6/2021)
- Changing the conversation from cancelation to alteration
- A reminder on how to avoid scammers that are praying on the fear, panic, and confusion so prevalent today
- Satin face masks for officiants, washable and with a sleeve pocket for a filter
- Financial Help – Resources for you and your biz if the economic impact hits home – This article is no longer being updated.
- Coronavirus & Wedding Officiants – This article is no longer being updated.
Coronavirus Guidance from the Experts
We’ve compiled reliable information from reputable sources to help you better understand why all the fuss.
- The CDC’s Choosing Safer Activities chart. (New!)
- The CDC’s information on small gatherings
- This NY Times interactive model shows how masks work. Really.
- Tips from the NY Times about how to properly wear a face mask
- The Washington Post provides an interactive model that simulates why social distancing is effective
- Join Zoom conversations to strategize pandemic solutions. Members only, scheduled regularly. More here
- See JPus’ COVID-19 advocacy activities
- Be a part of the coronavirus-management conversation with fellow officiants in JPus’ members-only Facebook group
- Follow JPus’ Facebook page for related news and updates
- Additional COVID-related professional development articles in Member Support
- More education and training for marriage officiants