The Justice of the Peace Association submitted this written statement to the New Hampshire House Judiciary Committee opposing HB 1599, An Act Establishing a Special Marriage Officiant License.
Additional information about the bill and JPus’ activity is below in Related Links.
- Learn about the problems with amateur marriage officiants here
- JPus submitted alternative language to HB 1599 to address the problems with the bill
- Read the text of HB 1599 here.
- See JPus’ written testimony opposing the 2019 NH bill.
- Read all about the behind-the-scenes details of what happened during the 2019 spring legislative session.
- JPus’ white paper about temporary officiants in Massachusetts illustrate the anticipated problems in New Hampshire.