Joint Committee on State Administration and Regulatory Oversight
On October 1, 2019, the Massachusetts Joint Committee on State Administration and Regulatory Oversight held a hearing on the Resolve to evaluate the One Day Solemnizer rule. This hearing was in response to JPus’ members concerns, conveyed through JPus’ January 2019 white paper. Senator Julian Cyr sponsored a Resolve to create a commission study on the One-Day Solemnizer rule. JPus and the Town Clerk Association would be members of the Commission.
To be successful, JPs and town clerks will need to engage legislators.
Call Committee Chairs and let them know you support the Resolve
- Chair: Senator Marc Pacheco, (617) 722-1551
- Vice Chair: Senator Barry Finegold, (617) 722-1612
- Chair: Representative Danielle Gregoire, (617) 722-2140
- Vice Chair: Representative Sean Garballey, (617) 722-2090
You can also call the other Committee members. Their names and contact information are listed here.
Hello. My name is _________. I am calling to ask the Representative/Senator to vote in favor of S1831, which was heard before the Joint Committee on State Administration and Regulatory Oversight on October 1. I am a JP (or Town Clerk), and I’ve seen lots of problems with the One-Day Solemnizer rule (give example). This Resolve would evaluate the rule and begin to address these problems. Thank you for your consideration.
Email Committee members an email asking them to vote in favor of the Resolve
- This member support article provides guidance on engaging legislators.
- This page lists all members of the Joint Committee on State Administration and Regulatory Oversight
Hearing on October 1, 2019, at the State House
JPus’ Loretta Jay testified at a hearing on October 1, 2019.