In response to many complaints from Connecticut JPs and Town Clerks, in 2022 the Justice of the Peace Association researched how civil marriage officiants are appointed in the state. Given that, the following white paper summarizes our findings and legislative recommendations.
- On March 10, 2023, JPus testified to the Connecticut Planning and Development Committee.
- See JPus’s survey results about officiant qualifications and appointments.
- See how JPus is advocating to address the problems with amateur officiants
- Learn about the JP and notary role, state-by-state
- We advocate on other marriage-related issues