In talks about the problems with the New Hampshire special marriage officiant bill, Deputy Secretary of State Dave Scanlon asked JPus to submit alternative language for the bill. JPus’ proposed modification to the bill is below, in red.
Proposed Language to Special Marriage Officiant bill
- Read JPus’ testimony to the NH House Judiciary Committee
- JPus submitted fiscally focused testimony to the Ways and Means Committee
- Learn about the problems with amateur marriage officiants here
- See JPus’ written testimony opposing the 2019 bill.
- Read all about the behind-the-scenes details of what happened during the 2019 spring legislative session.
- JPus’ white paper about temporary officiants in Massachusetts illustrate the anticipated problems in New Hampshire.