Guest Blogger Writer’s Guidelines
FindaJP’s dynamic website has a growing, captive audience, eager to learn about how to make the most of their special day. Its Facebook page has 45,000 followers, and Pinterest has a steady stream of hits and pins. We are always striving to bring more couples to our site to help them find their perfect marriage officiant. One way that we do this is by inviting professional officiants to share their experience and expertise in our blog. Visit findaJP’s blog here. We’ve asked you to contribute to provide engaged couples with helpful and inspiring information to help them to make the most of their wedding day.
We view this invitation as a win-win partnership. FindaJP will grow its resources, and increase the content driving couples to its site and members’ profiles. You will gain additional exposure to couples, and have new content to refer to demonstrating your expertise. We both benefit! We appreciate your consideration, and we look forward to working together.
Please read some of the previous blog articles already written – we’ve been posting since 2012, so there are a lot! Each author writes from his or her own perspective as an experienced officiant. JPs are all about the ceremony, so that’s what these columns will (mostly) be about. Your message might be emotional or restrained, funny or serious, sentimental or formal, theatrical or homey. But it should always be supportive of couples as they plan their big day.
In general, please keep in mind the following:
- Targeting couples
- Ceremony focused
- Helpful guidance / questions answered
- Work in a plug for JPs (ask your JP about…)
- Your post must be original. It must never have been published before on the Internet or elsewhere.
- You agree that you will not publish the post anywhere else in the future (e.g., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs.)
- Please be sure to give credit to sources where appropriate. This pertains to images, tables or data, or other content that requires attribution.
- Please don’t be offended if we suggest editorial changes for clarity.
Within your blog, please feel free to link to content found on findaJP’s website. If you are having trouble finding a good link, don’t fear. We can help and enter a link or two if needed. We will link to your profile on findaJP.com as well.
- Readers of on-line articles have a short attention span. We encourage you to use shorter paragraphs and bullets to help break-up your content and make the article easier to read.
- Subheadings are also encouraged. Most articles are between 500-700 words, but shorter or longer is okay too. It is most important that the writing is tight.
We encourage imagery to accompany your blog. If you send an image, please credit its source and make sure it is properly attributed.
We want you to be appropriately credited for your work. We’ll link back to your profile on findaJP.com.
- To maximize exposure, findaJP cross posts blog articles with Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
- We encourage you to promote your article as well, using social media, links from your website or blog, and your own network.
- Please check back occasionally to respond to comments that readers may post about your article.
- Please send all content to admin at JPus.org
- Your article
- Any accompanying images (with credit/s.)
- Enforcement of Acceptable Use Policy and violations to the Code of Ethics
- Code of Ethics All members of the Justice of the Peace Association agree to abide by these standards
- findaJP’s Policies
- Issues that JPus actively fights for on our Advocacy page