HB1599 is Fiscally Unsound
The Justice of the Peace Association submitted this written statement to the New Hampshire House Ways and Means Committee opposing HB 1599, An Act Establishing a Special Marriage Officiant License. This committee may only consider matters that affect the state budget. Consequently, our position is fiscally focused. Additional information about the bill and JPus’ activity is below in Related Links.
- Learn about the problems with amateur marriage officiants here
- JPus submitted alternative language to HB 1599 to address the problems with the bill
- Read the text of HB 1599 here.
- JPus’ blow-by-blow behind-the-scenes activity to stop this bill
- See JPus’ written testimony opposing the 2019 NH bill.
- Read all about the behind-the-scenes details of what happened during the 2019 spring legislative session.
- JPus’ white paper about temporary officiants in Massachusetts illustrate the anticipated problems in New Hampshire.