The 2021 JPus conference for professional marriage officiants was a hit!
We celebrated the 20th anniversary of JPus with our first virtual conference.
Conferences provide opportunities for professional civil officiants to learn new skills, hear important news that affects their practice, network and refine their craft. Keynote speakers include Secretary of the State, Registrars, Attorney Generals and other state leaders. Topics range from setting fees to securing insurance; crafting custom vows to changing laws.
In addition to the main speakers, breakout workshops and vendor booths round off the event.
Some of our Past Keynote Speakers & Workshop Presenters
- Richard Blumenthal, Attorney General for the State of Connecticut (now US Senator)
- Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut Secretary of State
- Denise Merrill, Connecticut Secretary of State
- Beth Frugale, Connecticut State Registrar
- Jane Purtrill, Connecticut Registrar of Vital Records
- Peter Merry, Renowned wedding guru
Virtual conference on March 13, 2021
- Check out video of the 20th anniversary celebration!
- And don’t miss the award recognitions ceremony.
March 25, 2017, Bristol Connecticut City Hall
Finding Your Unique Voice as a JP
- See video clips of Peter Merry at the conference!
March 29, 2014, Bristol Connecticut City Hall
Spring Into Success ~ Becoming Your Best!
October 20, 2012, Waterbury Connecticut City Hall
5 Things We Can All Learn from Starbucks to Increase Demand for Our Services
October 28, 2011, Capitol Building, Hartford, CT
What Every Professional JP Should Know
October 24, 2009, Griswold Town Hall, Griswold, CT
What are the Issues Facing JPs During these Unsettled Times?
November 8, 2008, Bristol Town Hall, Bristol, CT
Same-Sex Marriages and the CT Supreme Court Decision
October-November 2007, Haddam, Newtown and Union Connecticut
Small round table sessions in three Connecticut locations
November 18, 2006, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT
Sharing Concerns, Building Community
September 24, 2005, Middlesex Community College, Middletown, CT
Weddings and Civil Unions: Everything You Need to Know