March 13, 2021
The Justice of the Peace Association celebrated 20 years with our first virtual conference. This event brought together keynote speakers and workshops in an informative and engaging format. The 2021 Conference provided a creative environment where civil officiants were able to re-imagine weddings, learn new skills, and nurture relationships with others through networking opportunities.
Activities included keynote speaker, a legislative panel, interactive workshops, networking breakout rooms and more. It is amazing what a virtual conference can do. It was exciting to bring our members from different states together in a way that was not possible before. Spending the day together, safely, from the comfort of our own homes – an unexpected value!
- Amateur Officiants: State legislators discussed what is being done about them, and what you can do, too
- Marketing Strategies: Wedding guru Peter Merry was back by popular demand
- Professional development workshops: Pricing & Contracts, Authenticity, Social Media for your Biz, COVID weddings, Types of Ceremonies and more
- Video of the 20th Anniversary Recognition and Awards Ceremony and Reflections
The year 2021 is a big one for the Justice of the Peace Association. It is our 20th anniversary! We had a special recognition for co-founders Barbara Jay and Saul Haffner and some members who have been with us for the journey. A reflection on how the world of officiating has changed over the past two decades, and where we are going from here. Technology was budding at the time, and now, especially during this pandemic, we are very reliant upon it. Whether hosting this virtual conference or live streaming ceremonies to loved ones near and far, it is now a part of our operations.
- Check out our previous conferences
- Additional training opportunities on JPus’ training hub
- Additional support that we offered pre-conference:
Frequently Asked Questions about the conference.
Attendee help – Frequently Asked Questions
Speaker and Exhibitor help – Know how to lead your presentation
Submit a proposal to present a workshop at the conference. Free admission for selected applicants.
Support the conference and get in front of our audience as a Sponsor or Exhibitor