On June 16, 2021, members of the Justice of the Peace Association took advantage of the opportunity to talk with each other and exchange points of view.
- Some ceremonies that were discussed included the traditional ring ceremony. And candle and wine box ceremonies. Members related enjoying processes that engage the couple. Sand ceremonies were a fav, especially if children are involved since it gives them a way to be included.
- How much time officiants spend creating a ceremony. (JPus polled members on Facebook in 2019 and 69% spent three or more hours for a simple, in-town wedding.)
- Incorporating extra costs into fees, whether for special ceremony or customized wedding certificates
- Fees for various services, and how to navigate this in Massachusetts where fees are regulated.
- Balancing our core values and respecting the couple’s
See the Recording
This content is for JPus members only. If you have a membership, please log in. Purchase a membership here.
- JPus’ article Ceremonies and Rituals was inspired by this Zoom call (coming soon)
- See other JPus member goings-on on our Events page
- More support for officiants on JPus’ coronavirus landing page
- Be a part of the conversation with fellow officiants in JPus’ members-only Facebook group
- Follow JPus’ Facebook page for related news and updates
- Zoom technical support available in member support