This version of the Code of Ethics was in effect between 2001 – July 2, 2020. It has been retired. View the current Code of Ethics which went into effect on July 3, 2020.
All members of the Justice of the Peace Association agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics:
As a member of the Justice of the Peace Association LLC, www.JPus.org, having accepted the responsibility of the office of Justice of the Peace, in order to faithfully discharge my duties with both competence and integrity,
I resolve that I will adhere to the following standards of conduct:
- To execute the statutes of the State in which I am empowered, as promised when I took the oath of office
- To perform all tasks and responsibilities to the best of my ability
- To complete and submit all documentation accurately, on time and to the proper authorities
- To be honest with my clients and to act in their best interests
- To charge a fee for my services that reflects my expertise, effort, time and involvement in the preparation and performance of my duties and that is in compliance with state statute, if applicable
- To always act in a manner that reflects favorably on myself, my office, and the Justice of the Peace Association.