The Justice of the Peace Association submitted written testimony to the Maine Joint Judiciary Committee, urging them to vote in favor of LB443
- This Portland Press Herald news story cited the Justice of the Peace Association and its managing member Loretta Jay’s position opposing child marriage.
- Information about our advocacy for officiants about child and forced marriage.
- Education and training for officiants about child and forced marriage
- JPus has been on the forefront of legislative activity to end child marriage in other states
- Follow our state-by-state changes to marriage laws
- Membership voted to join the Coalition to End Child Marriage
- Working with our partners amplifies our voice and helps achieve our goals