Legislative Activity – 2022
- Representative Carol Ode was the lead sponsor of the bill H.631 an Act to Ban Child Marriage. Vermont members joined JPus to ask their Representatives to co-sponsor and support the bill. Unfortunately the bill died before progressing out of Committee.
JPus submitted testimony to support efforts to end child marriage in the state.
- On January 28 2022, JPus submitted written testimony to for the House Committee on Judiciary.
Ask legislators to support H.631 an Act to Ban Child Marriage. Vermont residents were able to follow a link to submit a letter of support – easy-peasy. Our partner, Unchained at Last, sponsored the letter campaign.
- Learn more about our partners, Unchained at Last and Tahirih Justice Center, in the fight against child marriage
- Take JPus’ training for marriage officiants about child and forced marriage.
- Read about JPus’ efforts to end child marriage in all of the states we serve.
- Learn about JPus members’ vote to join the Coalition to End Child Marriage.