On March 10, 2023, the Justice of the Peace Association submitted testimony to the Connecticut’s Planning & Development Committee. It supported the Secretary of the State’s recommendation for a JP working group, which she submitted after a meeting with JPus managing member and reviewing its white paper,
- The backstory. How and why JPus researched the JP appointment process.
- JPus researched and authored a white paper about the Connecticut JP appointment process.
- See JPus’s survey results about officiant qualifications and appointments.
- See how JPus is advocating to address the problems with amateur officiants
- Learn about the JP and notary role, state-by-state
- We advocate on other marriage-related issues