Always looking to build relationships between officiants, or strengthen collaboration with our partners, networking is an important aspect of JPus.
Networking Between Officiants
Providing opportunities for JPs, notaries and other officiants to get to know each other promotes growth – and learning! Naturally, this helps our members do better ceremonies. Therefore, when we are able we hold networking social events at various locations. Since COVID, we Zoom! These gatherings provide opportunities for personal and more intimate conversations.
- See our Zoom schedule and recordings of previous sessions.
Before the pandemic, we got together in-person. We hope to resume these events when it is safe. Click on the links below to see a summary, photos or video of previous events.
- Vermont JPs stopped by to connect and learn more about our association at our Open House on September 13, 2019.
- Happy Hour at the Manchester Pie Company in New Hampshire on September 11, 2019. State Rep Cassie Levesque joined us to hear about issues important to members.
- Holiday Networking in Connecticut on December 19, 2018.
- Holiday Networking in Massachusetts on December 9, 2018.
In-Person with Clerks and State Officials
JPus frequently has information tables at Town Clerk conferences. At these statewide events we get to have one-on-one conversations with the town clerks who issue marriage licenses and process the marriage certificates that are submitted by the officiants. It’s nice to put a face with the name, especially in this day of email communication. Tourism and the Secretary of State’s offices are also partners. So, they are all invited to our networking events. Meeting in person whenever it is possible makes a difference!
Social Media Outlets
- Chat with fellow officiants in our private JPus Members only Facebook Group.
- Connect with important professional stakeholders who matter to you on our newly launched JPus LinkedIn Company Page.
- A breakdown of all our social media, with links to sign-on
Other ways to connect with JPus and FindaJP
- Check out other Events: Staying connected, learning from each other, and having fun – all ways that JPus members engage!
- Don’t miss out on our next networking event. Visit Our Announcement page for news and updates
- Follow JPus on Facebook
- Follow findaJP on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Since 2005, JPus has held conferences for secular marriage officiants. Learn about upcoming conferences and read about previous events here.