One of the many benefits of a JPus membership is access to our private Facebook group. This group provides a forum for members to ask questions of one another, brainstorm ideas and share stories. Recent changes to Facebook’s page and group policies have modified the way JPus admins can invite new members to our private group.
New Page Experience
In early January 2021 Facebook began to transition pages to an updated layout referred to as the “New Page Experience.” Included in the update are additional limits on Private Group invitations. As a result of these changes, we can no longer add new JPus members via email address alone. Fortunately, it is still extremely easy to join. Below we have outlined two options.
Option 1: Fan Invitation
JPus admins can only invite fans of our official JPus page to the members-only group. To become a fan of JPus, visit our page and click the “like” button. A bonus of this option is that it allows you to receive notifications to help keep current on JPus activity. As if that was not reason enough to follow us on Facebook, becoming a fan of our company page is also great way to support JPus and our advocacy efforts.
Once you Liked our page, then send an email asking us to invite you to join.
Option 2: Request to Join
You can also take matters into your own hands and request an invitation. Follow the steps below to help speed up your acceptance. Please note that you must be logged into Facebook to complete the request.
- Visit Justice of the Justice Peace Association Private Facebook Group
- Click the “Join” button.
- Answer the required questions.
Once your membership to JPus is confirmed, an admin will confirm your invitation and you will have full access to the group.
- Make sure you get Facebook notifications on your News Feed
- Check out the benefits of social media platforms to enhance your JPus and findaJP experience
- Learn more about the JPus Facebook Page, and why its Likes, Follows and Reviews matter to you.
- Participate in JPus’ social media perk and have your profile shared on our pages
- JPus Facebook Group guidelines
- See the benefits of Membership