Member Support

Articles to improve your JPus experience and maximize the power of your membership

Month: November 2019

Prison Weddings

Officiating in a prison or Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility takes preparation.  The Marriage License Like weddings that take place outside of a detention center, a marriage license is required before an officiant may proceed with a ceremony. After the not-incarcerated member of the couple applies for the marriage license, the town clerk goes to the facility to obtain the incarcerated person’s signature. The couple must also apply for permission to wed, secured from the warden. Behind the Scenes Help Having a buddy on the inside can make your experience smoother. Connect with the prison chaplain or social worker. This will . . .