Articulating the Justice of the Peace Association’s core values supports our vision and shapes our culture. It shows what is important to us. For instance, our core values speak to our identity. Our principles. Our ethics. They are who we are.
JPus’ managing member, Loretta Jay, wrote in a LinkedIn article how her own Why influences the association’s direction and the proposed core values listed here. We invite our membership to review them, and then provide feedback.
Proposed Core Values
We believe in love, inclusion, integrity, helpfulness and inquisitiveness. These core values guide JPus’ objectives and our business practices.
- Love. We recognize that love is what makes the world go round. As an organization, we cherish our relationships with members and the love between our couples.
- Inclusion. We acknowledge and embrace diverse backgrounds and cultures. We actively pursue and practice equity for all people.
- Integrity. We are trustworthy and reliable. Services are performed honestly and with respect.
- Helpfulness. We go above and beyond to meet the needs of our couples and our members.
- Inquisitiveness. We believe that learning never stops. This means listening without judgment and being willing to ask for help. Digging in to a couple’s love story and embracing learning opportunities. Growing our knowledge about different cultures and enhancing our skills as marriage officiants.
- Managing member Loretta Jay’s LinkedIn article about how JPus’ social values influence its professional standards
- The Justice of the Peace Association’s Code of Ethics
- JPus’ managing member’s statement on racial injustice
- JPus works on behalf of the issues outlined on our Advocacy page