Massachusetts Call to Action
A hearing on the Resolve to establish a Commission to evaluate the 1-Day Solemnizer rule will be held on Tuesday, September 22, 2021. Calls are needed to Committee Chairs to vote S.2063 favorably out of Committee. Details, including Committee Chairs’ phone numbers and a simple script are available on our Action Alert page.
- Problems with the 1-Day Rule: read a summary
- JPus submitted a white paper to Governor Charlie Baker’s office: see it here
- How-to tips on contacting your legislators, including links to find yours
- Read the Resolve to create a commission study to evaluate the One-Day Solemnizer rule
- One-Day Solemnizers jeopardize the systems that are in place to protect children from coercion into marriage. Read about JPus’ efforts to end child marriage.