It has been over a year since our lives were turned upside down because of the coronavirus pandemic. During this time we’ve experienced heartache and sadness, as well as some surprising joys. We’ve risen to the occasion and we found creative ways for weddings to move forward. I am constantly reminded about our resilience, and I am proud of how JPus members show their professionalism.
Now, as more and more people become fully vaccinated (two weeks after final shot), we can begin to feel a little more comfortable when outside of our homes. This isn’t an invitation for complacency. Rather, we must remain attentive. Nonetheless, once vaccinated we can give ourselves a little breathing room. Outside weddings are still preferred. The following CDC Choosing Safer Activities chart provides guidance on making safe choices.
During this time, I hope that you’ve taken advantage of the information we’ve compiled on our COVID Resource pages. Our goal is to help you safely and successfully navigate marriages. We updated content to reflect lifted stay-home orders and states opening up.
- JPus’ COVID-19 pages are specifically for marriage officiants
- For couples, resources for marriages are on findaJP’s COVID-19 pages
- JPus’ networking events offer opportunities to connect with fellow officiants. The next Zoom call is on Tuesday eventing, May 25, 2021 at 7:00pm.
In the meantime, know that you can rely upon us. Stay connected with updates on our website and sign up for our newsletter. Also, be sure to follow us on social media. Finally, if you don’t see the answer you are looking for, the Justice of the Peace Association is just an email or phone call away.
Be well and safe,
- State-by-State COVID Gathering Guidelines
- JPus’ COVID-19 pages, regularly updated with resources and support for marriage officiants
- Member support articles about managing COVID
- Let your couples know about the resources available on findaJP’s COVID-19 pages
- Follow JPus’ Facebook page for coronavirus news and updates
- Zoom discussion on May 25, 2021 about making a buddy & more
- Be a part of the coronavirus-management conversation with fellow officiants in JPus’ members-only Facebook group
- Take the COVID Training Certification for the marriage officiant
- Face masks for the officiant and marriage couple. Made by JPus’ seamstress in quality satin fabrics