Ninth State in the US
It is fitting that after championing an end to child marriage in Connecticut, Lt. Governor Susan Bysiewicz was the one who signed the bill that protects children from marriage before they have legal protections. The Justice of the Peace Association is thrilled that its managing member, Loretta Jay, was invited to partake in the momentous occasion. This is an important recognition that our membership’s voice was heard, standing together, professional marriage officiants.
- See JPus’ legislative activity to end child marriage in Connecticut
- Watch our online panel discussion with Connecticut leaders about child marriage.
- Landing page for JPus activity involving child marriage in all of our states.
- Follow our state-by-state changes to marriage laws
- Education and training for officiants about child and forced marriage
- How membership voted to join the Coalition to End Child Marriage.
- Our partnerships with other organizations amplifies our voice.