DRAFT Code of Ethics
As a member of the Justice of the Peace Association LLC, www.JPus.org, having accepted the state authorized responsibility to officiate marriage ceremonies, I will faithfully discharge my duties with both competence and integrity.
I resolve that I will adhere to the following standards of conduct:
- To execute the statutes of the State in which I am empowered, as promised when I took the oath of office
- To perform all tasks and responsibilities to the best of my ability
- To complete and submit all documentation accurately, on time and to the proper authorities
- To be honest with my clients and to act in their best interests
- To charge a fee for my services that reflects my expertise, effort, time and involvement in the preparation and performance of my duties and that is in compliance with state statute, if applicable
- To always act in a manner that reflects favorably on myself, my office, and the Justice of the Peace Association
- To treat people of all backgrounds and identities fairly and with respect.
Acts of discrimination by omission or commission toward any individual or group based on their actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability constitute a violation of the Code of Ethics.
- The current Code of Ethics
- Issues that JPus actively fights for on our Advocacy page