Pre-Conference Preparation Zoom
It is exciting! It is fun! And for some, it may seem daunting. No worries! This Zoom call is to help everyone feel comfortable with the virtual conference platform.
JPus’ Virtual Conference
We understand that when used to our previous in-person conferences, this online format might feel a bit out of your wheelhouse. We got your back! JPus is hosting a Zoom on Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 6:00 PM to review how to use the conference platform. This will give you confidence when joining the Justice of the Peace Association’s virtual conference. We’ll share our screen and answer any questions that you have.
Some things that we’ll cover:
- Accessing the Virtual Event Hub. (You must purchase your tickets before doing this.)
- Using the Lobby and navigating the virtual event hub
- How to Bookmark the presentations that you’d like to attend
- Asking questions during presentations and workshops using the Chat function
- Chatting with fellow officiants in the Lounge and 1:1 Networking sessions
Join Zoom Meeting March 11, 2021 at 6:00 PM
- Please follow this link to join the Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86711279386
- Meeting ID: 867 1127 9386
- Register for the conference and sign-up for the workshops you are interested in
- See our Zoom get-togethers on our Events page
- How to Zoom member support
MA Legislation Poll
Exciting news! Massachusetts Senator Anne Gobi is taking the lead and resubmitting the Resolve to Evaluate the One-Day Solemnizer Rule. This is a hard-fought-for piece of legislation based on the white paper that JPus submitted to Governor Baker. Senator Julian Cyr sponsored the bill during the 2019-2020 session, and Senator Gobi graciously agreed to take over the helm.
Previously, Senator Gobi sponsored other legislation on behalf of the state’s JPs. She needs to see support from membership to know if she should continue these efforts. Support means, in addition to responding to this poll, also advocating to legislators asking them to cosponsor the bills and vote in favor.
Please answer this poll so we can let Senator Gobi know how to proceed.
Registration Open – JPus Conference 2021
★ Registration for the conference is open. Get your tickets early to take advantage of early-bird pricing.
★ More about the conference is available here.
★ Submit a proposal to present a workshop at the conference. Free admission for selected applicants.
★ Support the conference and get in front of our audience as a Sponsor or Exhibitor
★ Check out our previous conferences
★ Additional training opportunities on JPus’ training hub
Website Update – Get Ready
We are excited to announce that the JPus/findaJP website rebuild is reaching its final phase. It will officially launch at the beginning of February 2021. Though an official date for the launch is still pending, the information below is intended to give members a preview of what to expect.
In May 2019 we announced our plan to update the findaJP.com and JPus websites. At the time, the focus was on the inner-workings. We wanted to keep up with current web technology, improve the membership system, and increase security. However, the rebuild process took longer than expected. To make the wait worthwhile, we added a few improvements to the front end, too. While most of the updates still focus on the backend, others will be more noticeable, including:
- Improved readability – Wider screen view on desktops and larger fonts.
- Highlight Content – Updated findaJP.com and JPus.org front pages make it easier to keep up with new content including blogs, events, social media, and more.
- Enhanced Membership Dashboards – In addition to editing your public profile, reviewing client contacts, and managing your membership, the new and improved member dashboards will also make it easier to preview your profile and access membership services like support articles and discounts.
- Membership Subscriptions – Our new membership system includes flexible options: Renew early, automatically or manually.
During the final phase of the rebuild launch, findaJP.com and JPus.org will be temporarily unavailable for several hours. When this happens, members may not update profiles or renew memberships until the data migration is complete and the new site is live. Your membership is important to us. Please know that as we progress through these last steps, every effort is made to minimize impact on our users and to restore both sites to normal operations as quickly as possible.
Until the official launch date, edits to profiles are permitted and encouraged. This is a great time to update your information. This article has tips on personalizing your profile. You can also check your membership status to ensure you are a current member.
We will send out a notice to all members as soon as an official date for the launch has been formalized. You can also stay-tuned to this announcement page or JPus’ official Facebook group for updates. Any steps required by members ahead of the migration will be included in that update. Until then, we look forward to sharing the improvements to findaJP.com and JPus.org with you soon!
- Understanding the difference between JPus and findaJP
- Make your Profile Shine
- How to Improve Profile Visibility
Think about this
While the Justice of the Peace Association’s website is quite robust, it doesn’t have a place for my personal perspective, or for members to interact and engage. In light of this, I’ll be posting occasional musings on my LinkedIn page, since that is a platform for professional networking and dialogue. The first article asks, What do marriage officiants care about? My intention is for it to be a place to ponder and reflect. And, I hope, a place to connect. I welcome comments, feedback, discussion. There are certainly some topics where I have strong opinions. Other areas are not so clear. I hope that you will connect with me there, engage, and also follow JPus’ LinkedIn page.
Managing Member, Justice of the Peace Association